Question
Posted by: Jordan | 2011/02/21

Secondary Infertility

Please help. I am 38 years old and had a miscarriage in October 2010 at 8 weeks. I then had an evac done. We have been trying to conceive since then but with no luck. Every month I test for ovulation and get a positive result on the test and time intercourse appropriately but still not falling pregnant. Its causing strain in my marriage and husband seems to blame me as if its my fault. My gynaecologist says there is nothing wrong with me. Should I start seeing a fertility expert now. I am scared time is running out for me and chances of me having a child with down syndrome are also high now at this late stage of my life. Please advise

Dear Jordan

At this stage there is no reason to be overly concerned and I suggest that you wait until the end of March/April before seeing a fertility specialist.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/02/28

Dear Jordan

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert