Question
Posted by: Nikki | 2011/02/08

second opinion

we are trying to conceive ,I not on any form of birth control since last year 2009 dec I was on Melodine for 3yrs but I stop taking it a year ago already but still no luck.went to a gynae he sent me for blood test and found I i''m insulin ressistant and put me on glucophage to treat that and said it also help with my hormones. After I left the pill I didn''t my peroid for months. But The gynae gave me something to regulate my periods but i''m still not getting my monthly periods regulaly. He also gave a prescription for fertomid 50. but after reading the side effects I''m not so keen to use the fertomid. So u think we should get a second opinion? He never disscussed any risks using fertomif or side effects.

There are a number of side effects with fertomid, but no real health risks if you use it under supervision and not for more than 5 courses. If you are not ovulating, you will not fall pregnant without treatment.Many women are prepared to put up with the side effects in order to conceive.

2

Posted by: Star | 2011/02/09

If you feel like getting a second opinion, get one, no one can stop you. I have also had irregular periods my whole life. First pregnancy too us about a year, twins, and now the second one 2-3 years. With my second preg I regulated my period with a normal pill, jaz for 3 months and fell preg with a singleton. I have noticed both times, it happens when you least expect it!

Reply to Star