Posted by: TK | 2009-04-20

Second Born

We are planning for our second one and i would like to find out dat do i need womb scrubbing or some sort off cleaning before i concieve cause i was first on Nirastrate then i used Triphasil. how long will it take for me to concieve again and for the pills to be off my system?

Dear TK

Due to the disruption in workdays there has been a delay in response to your question. We do apologise of any convenience caused.

The effect of Nuristerate and other injectable contraceptive may remain within the system for as long as 2 years in some cases. However a short course of oral contraceptives often reverses the situation rapidly and you should be able to conceive fairly soon once the normal regular menstrual pattern has been established. I would suggest ovulation monitoring and timed intercourse is the first step. Ovulation monitoring should be done with the urine LH testing kit such as Clearplan. Should no conception occur after 6 months of regular monitoring and intercourse timing I would then recommend a full and thorough fertility investigation be done.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim