Question
Posted by: H | 2010/05/10

SEARCHING FOR SOMEONE

I recently found out that I have a half-brother, I know under which name and surname he was registered more then 50 years ago after he was born, and have an idea in which town it could have been. How do I search for him? Where will records be of birth?

South African birth records are not known to be complete or reliable, but may be all you have to go on ( apparently you don't have his proper name, or you could search online or in the phone directories ). The town, if you know it, should have kept birth records of that time, but of course they're unlikely to be on computer, so it would need someone to do a manual check. Maybe you can contact the town clerk or whoever has responsibility in that municipality, and ask if they can do such a check

1