Posted by: Anon | 2012-09-04

Screening tests for women

What screening tests should a woman in her 30s have &  which specialists should i c 4 each test.

You have to consult a gynaecologist for a papsmear and pelvic ultrasound. A yearly papsmear should be done, where indicated. The gynaecologist will examine your breast and if deemed necessary, you will be referred for a mammogram, which should be done on a yearly basis.

Posted by: Alysha | 2012-09-15

Good for you! I''m glad you got it out...and I definitely see your point on some tignhs...but I would like to say something (with respect) about the obesity thing. There are (a select few in the broad scheme of tignhs) people who aren''t obese by choice. They are obese due to thyroid problems (or other tignhs)...and that isn''t their fault. If we are to reform healthcare so that obese people pay more I would like to see a clause stating exemptions for people with health problems that CAUSE obesity. (Not from obesity& mdash ones that cause obesity). The only thing is& mdash some diseases are hard to classify. My dad has diabetes. He was obese at one point but isn''t any longer. Diabetes runs in his family. Was it in his genes to be diabetic or was it the weight that he dropped? I''d like to talk more about this, even if it''s only here in the comments!

Reply to Alysha