Question
Posted by: anonny | 2009/11/19

screening

I would like to know if it is necessary to have screening for osteoporosis at age 59. I have a heavy build.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear anonny
If you have any risk factors (e.g family history, take cortisone, etc)you can ask your doctor to refer you for a bone density test. If you have gone through the menopause it is also a good idea to have your bones checked out as women lose the bone protective effect of estrogen after the menopause. If the bones are ok, you know that you don't have to worry about it. Discuss this with your gynae or GP.

1
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2009/11/24

Dear anonny

Reply to Healthy Bones