Question
Posted by: Saddened | 2010/10/27

Screaming and yelling

My partner seems to have some serious anger issues. Whenever we have a disagreement she ends up screaming and yelling, cussing and always hangs up the phone.

Afterwards I am told it is because I asked the wrong question, I am too insecure, it is my fault. I know I can be be demanding, but is it acceptable to be screamed and shouted at? And is it my fault? I am not talking about just yelling, but a long round of f bombs and absolutely lose yelling.

On a real relationsjip, there are no "wrong questions" and no no-go areas, even if of course tact is required. Why do you choose to put up with her intemperate demands and bad behaviour ?

5
Posted by: PDP | 2010/10/29

I assume that women were created to behave like that, they find it very hard to apologise when theyare wrong, To be honest this kind of act is switching us off.

Reply to PDP
Posted by: SS | 2010/10/29

I was verbally abused by my wife throughout our marrg. Other guys would laugh at this and say thats just how women are - controlled by their emotions. We men must always accept this and not expect rational behaviour. She never once told me shes sorry. But i must always apologise if I said or hurt her feelings. I was not allowed to question or criticise her behaviour. My wife believed a woman doesn''t apologise to a man ! This hurt a lot and made me to disrespect her. It created a big divide in our rel. Now we are sep. She wants me to apologise for criticising her and only then will she return.So for men its a no-win situation?

Reply to SS
Posted by: Purple | 2010/10/28

Everyone loses it from time to time in an argument and raises their voice, but there is a huge difference between talking loudly and shouting out what you want to say and being nasty - saying bellittling things and so on.

Also, these kinds of arguments that escalate to this level should be rare, they shouldn''t happen with nearly every phone call and discussion - and the swearing and nastiness shouldn''t happen at all.

She doesn''t sound too stable to me - especially as she seems to think you are constantly at fault - surely that is impossible?

Reply to Purple

Posted by: PapaSmurf | 2010/10/27

Sounds on the abusive side to me, i mean if it happens with regularity and if you are sworn at then that is a form of verbal abuse. Look no man wants to admit any form of abuse or being a victim especially at the hands of any woman thats just the way men are, but it is abuse and you need to tell your woman that she needs to think before she goes off on you, that type of sh!t can seriously ware someone down if it happens alot, maybe your woman needs therapy?

Reply to PapaSmurf