Question
Posted by: Angie | 2011/09/07

Scombroid Poisoning

Years ago I had a reaction to fish that we purchased. I have never eaten that fish again. I have since had reactions to other fish. I am now under the impression that it was Scombroid poisoning that I had on all occassions (after reading up on it). Which fish should I stay away from? How do I know that it was scombroid poisoning or if it was an allergic reaction?

Angie

You can have blood tests done to determine if you are allergic to fish. Refer to the following link for information about scombroid poisoning: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scombroid_poisoning