advertisement
Question
Posted by: Angie | 2011/09/07

Scombroid Poisoning

Years ago I had a reaction to fish that we purchased. I have never eaten that fish again. I have since had reactions to other fish. I am now under the impression that it was Scombroid poisoning that I had on all occassions (after reading up on it). Which fish should I stay away from? How do I know that it was scombroid poisoning or if it was an allergic reaction?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Angie

You can have blood tests done to determine if you are allergic to fish. Refer to the following link for information about scombroid poisoning: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scombroid_poisoning

Regards





Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
advertisement