Question
Posted by: Kim | 2011/09/15

Scleroderma

Hi! My father-in-law recently went for a tissue biopsy, as over the past two months his skin started to tighten and harden and even when a small dog jumps up om him its painfull. They informed him that it is a very rare disease ant that they are not sure what causes it or how to treat it. He was not able to give me the exact name, but the bit of reading I did, it looks like it could be Scleroderma. He has has lost alot of weight, get heartburn and is short of breath. The docter did also tell him that his organ most likely feel the same as his arms. I am waiting for my mom-in-law to get the exact name of the disease. If is does turn out to be Scleroderma, who can he go and see, preferable someone in the Umhlanga, KZN area.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Kim
He needs to see a physician- ask the GP to refer him please.
Gastric reflux is also part of this disease (Scleroderma) and it can also affetc the blood vessels and internal organs, depending on the type of scleroderma he has.

1
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2011/09/19

Dear Kim

Reply to Healthy Bones