Question
Posted by: carla van Rensburg | 2011-06-17

Sciatica

Hallo

I think I have a sciatic nerve problem/herniated disc. I haven''t been diagnosed with it, but have all the classic symptoms. AM 23 fit and not overweight. My job is extremely demanding physically and I will only be able to rest and see a medical professional for MRI etc. in 3 weeks time. In the meanwhile I have to keep working. Is there any advice you can give me to help alleviate the pain (which is very bad), other than medication? Also, can I incur any long term damage by continuing with work?

Thank you.
Carla

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Dear Carla
Chiropractic care may be of great benefit to you - certain exercises and lifestyle changes may be advised after examination. Sounds like you need a break too!!

1
Posted by: Susan | 2011-07-14

Hi, I know what you are going through, also had it. Eventually had a back operation after many years of pain. A pill which really helps is Brexcecam, its a anti-inflammorty and pain pill in one and doesnt effect the lining of your stomach, it helped me through many painfull times. Many blessings

Reply to Susan