Question
Posted by: Dave | 2009-04-03

Sciatica

Hi Doc,
My Mom is 77 and she very recently developed a severe back pain. It came on suddenly with no warning. The GP has diagnosed sciatica and given her pain killers. These are not working &  she is in agony. My question is can sciatica come on this suddenly and is there anything else she can get? Maybe an injection of sorts?
Please help she is going nuts with the pain.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Sciatica can most certainly occur so quickly. Analgesics offer slight relief, but it may help to visit an experienced chiropractor. Geriatric cases need to be treated very carefully and gently - and many respond quite well to chiropractic care.

1
Posted by: Helen Parker | 2009-04-28

Dave - I have suffered with sciatica for close on 10 years and having gone " through the mill" , I can highly recommend chiropractic treatment. I suffer with a pinched nerve in my lower back and the only thing that has helped is chiro treatment which gives instantant relief and lasts, although regular maintenance is vital.. Consider this for your mom, as I can well imagine what she is going through. (ps I am 61 yrs old)

Reply to Helen Parker