Posted by: Shaz | 2009-01-15

Hi Doc,

Please help me, My man has been diagnosed with Sciatica, he had a car accident a few months ago and later on started having excruciating back pains, yesterday he was told he has sciatica.

What I need to know is, what are the possible treatments?, will he recover fully? and how long will it take for him to get back on his feet with the proper treatment, he is literally in pain 24 hrs a day.

Please help as we are also hoping to start a family as soon as we get married. He is turning 40 soon. WHat are his chances of full recovery and what is the best possible treatment can he get?.

Your help is appreciated.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Much depends upon the cause of the Sciatica - but a physical examination and possibly x/rays of his lower back is indicated. A chiropractor is a good option in treating such cases, which normally respond fairly quickly. The sooner one attends to this - the better your chances of a quicker recovery.