Question
Posted by: lilian | 2010/04/21

sciatic pain

Hi, I had a back op 2 years ago the two lower vertabrae were fused and I had a prothesis put in. I have had no backache ever since. I now have a pain from my lower back on the left hand side running down the back of my leg into my foot which is excrutiating to say the least. I went to the doctor and he gave me cortisone and a pain injection and the pain is gone. What I want to know is what could have caused it, how do I prevent it from coming back and I read that cortisone is not safe. I never had time to ask the doctor all these questions as he was leaving for day.

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

It certainly sounds as if there was a nerve compression and that the cortisone injection helped for it. An occasional cortisone injection is NOT unsafe at all.

2
Posted by: b emslie | 2010/05/30

I have had an back op approx, 2 years ago. The two lower vertibrae were fused and I had a prothesis put in. I have had no back pain and my leg is fine. but my back muscles is very weak I can not seem to walk upright these days. What can I do.

Reply to b emslie
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010/04/25

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum