Posted by: Nel | 2008-12-17

schziophrenia fiance!

Hi CS, I would like to know my fiance is schziophrenia and bi-polar and on Prozac, now my daughter tried it and it made her sleep and this was daytime but my fiance takes it every morning and can still work.he takes one at night with other meds and one in the morning.

Ooof ! NOBODY should EVER take anyone else's medicines. It can be very dangerous to do so. It might be wise for you to ask him if he'd arrange for you to meet his psychiatrist for a short session, just so as a fiancee you can understand his illnesses and their treatment and the outlook. Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder rarely occur together. Prozac is a treatment for Depression, and perhaps used in a depressive episode within bipolar disordwer. Most meds have their maximum side-effects the first few days, and one's body gets used to them as you settle down on them in the first couple of weeks.
But make sure your daughter NEVER ever again tries anyone else's meds