Question
Posted by: Lemon | 2010/08/16

Schools in Durban, KZN

Hi there,

I have a friend who''s kid has possible aspergers or autism. They cannot afford to send him to Browns in Pinetown. At the moment he is attending a normal pre-school but cannot stay there any longer as he is 6 yrs old already.

Are there any Government Schools in Durban that take on kids with Special Needs.

Expert ImageAutism Spectrum Expert Forum

i think that you might find it useful to contact the national body for info re mainstream schools in Durban that have an inclusion policy and/or experience with children with ASD - info@autismsouthafrica.org

10
Posted by: Thuli | 2016/03/16

Brown School is so discriminating they do not consider children's needs as stated in the consitution .They called my child for an assessment and said his application was unsuccessful because they were judging me when I was bringing my child wearing tracksuits as I was on leave.They thought I won't manage to pay school fees and did not even follow proper procedures in assessing the my child and I won't sit down after what they did,If it cost me to report them to the MEC or write an article about them in Newspaper I will do so.

Reply to Thuli | 3 comments (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/08/05

Totally support you ThuliHope you took them on..

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/08/05

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/08/05

Posted by: Likhanji | 2016/02/01

I need help for my child he s 9yrs now I cannot afford the special school in my area .

Reply to Likhanji
Posted by: Likhanji | 2016/02/01

Reply to Likhanji
Posted by: Hello | 2015/06/17

Need someone to work with ur autistic child well experienced in ABA, Vera and with honours in psychology. Someone who has a good record with good schools and also who has a number of kids who are working indepently in mainstream schools. Some whose worked in many therapy centres before plz call 0714252377

Reply to Hello
Posted by: Cyril | 2015/06/17

All who need help with best therapies. Who need a therapist or facilitor with over 9 year and plus a honours in psychology qualification plz contact 0714252377

Reply to Cyril
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/04/18

I know money is a factor but there is a good private school in Durban called Eden College which has facilitators for children with learning disabilities and with Autism - they have 5 autistic children at the moment. There are other schools I have heard of which teach social and life skills instead of pushing academics - they teach children what they need to survive through role play and do only basic academic work

Posted by: Autism Spectrum Expert Forum | 2010/08/24

Reply to Autism Spectrum Expert Forum