Posted by: Anon | 2012-11-02

School bully on Boer Soek Vrou

One of the older farmers on Boer soek ''n vrou was in high school with me, and he was a mean bully. I means as in physically bullying girls by viciously bending their arms up behind their backs and shoving them etc. I am still clearly so traumatized that I can hardly bera to watch when he comes up, and then I want to let everyone know how awful he was at school! I am not in the least suprised that he is divorced. Can someone who is a mean bully at school turn out to be a kind person after all? that is the image he is protraying,

Some may indeed achieve it, but the wonderful process of Growing Up. But many don't, and remain petty, small-spirited and cruel to others.
Programs like these ought to hire skillful psych profesionals to help them assess and select participants to avoid enabling unpleasant contestants to abuse the process and perhaps other people, but in my experience, they either don't bother at all, or, being greedy for prophet, hire someone too junior and inexpert to be effective, but just barely enough to be able to claim that they took this precaution.
He may have had, as others point out, reasons why he was such a mean-spirited bully as a child, and may have grown up to see the error of his ways. If not, he's likely to reveal his true self if the program is appropriately challenging - its hard for a nasty person to pretend to be nice for prolonged periods of time

Posted by: Anon | 2012-11-02

I am not convinced that a man who at 18 was physically violent towards women would change radically...

Posted by: Kara | 2012-11-02

It is quite possible that he has changed his ways and realised tht he was an awful person at school. Maybe he was bullied as a child by his father or older siblings and that was why he was a bully - he took it out on other kids at school. People change, oftentimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. Give this guy a break, you don''t know the reasons why he got divorced. Some of us are damaged people, we come from bad childhoods and carry our hurt over into our adult lives, so don''t be too hasty to make an assumption about his divorce, you don''t know what went on behind closed doors.

Reply to Kara