Posted by: G-Dad | 2009-07-03

School bullies - parent questioned your child

Hi my daughter has been the victim of a team of bullies for some time now, yesterday when I got to aftercare I found a mother of one of the bullies in the presence of the bullies questioning my child and my child was crying when I walked, I were informed by the owner that they are teaming up against my child and need to sort this out. When I saw my daughter cry and this mother speaking to my child I saw red and ask her who the fxxx she think she is to speak to my child, she then told me not to swear, I told her to shut up.

Getting an interdict to keep that woman away from my kids is costly, what can I do to protect my kids from such abuse, our SAPS is useless.

Expert ImageTeen expert

Firstly, I would suggest discussing it with the person who runs the aftercare, and that they should ensure that no-one has access to the children in their care other than the people who work there and the adults who come to collect them. If the bullying is happening at school, then meeting with the school counsellor, grade head and principal is an avenue open to you, but your daughter might feel she doesnt want such a spotlight on her and you will have to make a judgement call on what will be best for her.

Before you do anything, get as much information as you can from your daughter about the bullying and take steps from there. Otherwise, doing things on half a story is likely to not resolve the situation.

If, following your request the woman in question continues to harrass your daughter an interdict may be your only option.

Posted by: lady nina | 2009-07-14

ai dad - always going the legal route ...

howabout building a relasionship with the people around you ??
call a meeting with the owner and the other parents and listin with an open heart - and seek a peaceful middle way that everyone feels is fair, we as parents need to take hands with those involved with our kids and encircle them in love

once they know you and you know them - there is a safe place for your kids to grow in ...

insolating your kids is not going to protect them and in most cases the kids doesn' t need protecting from others but to be equip to deal with life and people

Reply to lady nina