Question
Posted by: ess | 2010/05/14

schizophrenia or bipolar

hi the father of my twins have been diagnosed as schizophrenic but i think its actually bipolar. he loves me passionately for about 3 months and the next 3 he hates me and calls me snake, a witch. he is smoking alot of dagga- he is 25 and i am 43. in the beginning he said he made a mistake having the children with me and that i was too old etc. then he becomes all loving etc and that has been the pattern for more than 3 yrs. his on the injection and takes medication and he works in security at the airport- one day he is affectionate the next you dont know what to expect.

does he love me- should i stay or move on- he is taking more notice of the twins now than before

Well, with all due respect, perhaps you're not entirely qualified to make ( or unmake ) such difficult diagnoses. If he is schizophrenic or bipolar smoking dagga is BAD for him and his mental state. From outside we can't advise you whether or not to carry on with the relationship, or how such an unpredictable guy will behave. A local counsellor might be able to help you review all this in perspective and make a better decision about it

2
Posted by: bess | 2010/06/17

would the medication for bipolar and schizophrenia be the same??

Reply to bess