Question
Posted by: louisa jordaan | 2012-01-14

schizophrenia

where can i find a psychiahrist that work with children with schizophrenia

What you need is simply a good local Child Psychiatrist. and they will be familiar with the difficult diagnosis of possible schizophrenia in children. I very much doubt that many, if any, SA shrinks specialize so narrowly, as they would have to turn away so many children in need, and wouldn't have enough of such a narrowly defined group, to keep them usefully busy. Maybe among our medical schools there might be one shrink with a special interest in children with schizophrenia, but I would expect most or all child psychiatrists to be capable of assessing and helping such a child.
And Obvious makes a good point - no such diagnosis can be usefully made by ANYONE except a properly trained and experienced child psychiatrist - and if that person were for some reason not abailable to help, then they would be best placed to know who else might be well able to do so

2

Posted by: Obvious | 2012-01-14

if the child has been diagnosed with this - surely it was done by a shrink? and this shrink will assist with other shrinks for treatment........

Reply to Obvious