Question
Posted by: esther | 2010/04/08

schizophrenia

hi my ex boyfriend and father of my almost 4 yr old twins is a marijuana user and at some stage was diagnosed as schizo. he had some of the systoms and was put on a 2 week injection which he eventually refused to take. he was fine and wanted to get back with me and be a family etc. for the 3rd time he has changed from hot to cold. one day he loves me and wants to be with me and the next he want nothing to do with me. should i let go and move on. his working now and supporting his children financially but i want more for them. he is 26 and i am 43 yrs old

High Matijuana use is indeed related to psyhotic illnesses such as schizophrenia, in people already vulnerable. There are injectable antipsychotic meds which can be used, especially i n people reluctant to take pills. If he is indeed schizophrenic, and a high dagga user, and refuses to take the recommended treatment, he is a really lousy bet to be a good companion or father. On what basis ae you hopeful that after years of being consistently a problem, he will now somehow turn good ?

1