Question
Posted by: ANNAA RAND | 2009-11-09

SCHEUERMANN' S DISEASE

GOOD DAY. I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH SCHEUERMANN' S DISEASE MANY YEARS AGO BUT I HAVE NEVER DISCOVERED WHAT CAUSES IT, WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE AND HOW TO ALLEVIATE OR TREAT IT. IT IS EXTREMELY PAINFUL AND DEBILLITATING THEREFORE I WOULD LIKE COMPREHENSIVE INFORMATION ON IT.
THANK YOU
ANNA RAND

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Scheuermann's Disease usually occurs at an early age - about 13 yrs. There are many thoughts surrounding actual cause, but no solid reason yet!! There is a thought that the disease occurs as a result of poor diet at a critical age. The vertebral plates are thus poorly formed and constitute a degree of weakness in the affected area. The "disease" is not ongoing but signs of it will be visible on x/rays for the rest of your life. Activities such as contact sports is discouraged. You could surf the web for an in depth discussion on the subject. There is much available - but please do not be discouraged as most cases lead a fairly normal life without any major discomfort. Chiropractic care can offer considerable relief should you experience symptoms of discomfort in your back.