Question
Posted by: Curious | 2008/12/10

Schedule 6

Do you know the schedule 6 drug called Sandoz Flunitras? It is prescribed for sleeping problems. How effective is it and why is it schedule 6?

I don't know it, but from the name, it sounds like a generic version of the benzodiazepine Flunitrazepam, indeed a sedative tranquillizer used to help people sleep. I would not use any of these older sleepers, preferring something like Stilnox ( Zolpidem ) which are safer. Flunitrazepam and its relatives all require careful prescriptions because they have risks including the development of dependence on them if one takes them for too long.