Posted by: treatment | 2012-02-14

Scenar therapy

Good morning cyberdoc

what do you know about scenar therapy and its validity? i know of someone who wants to buy this device to treat perthe''s disease. i am scpetical and could not find valid publcations on it, but maybe i''m being too scientific.

Have you heard about this and who would you recommend it to?

Kind Regards

Unfortunately, I do not have any experience with scenar therapy. There is a place for an alternative approach to pain management. Nerve stimulators are used, especially in spinal cord patients, to control pain. I do not see any reason why your friend should not try this treatment.

Posted by: Scenar Therapy Practitioner | 2012-02-20

Scenar Therapy is a complementary therapy for the management of pain and is successfully used by many practitioners worldwide.
Unfortunately at the present time there is little Western based research but there are many many clinical reports from the 25 years it has been in Russia.
As far as applying the therapy to Perthe''s disease, all we can say is that it may help with any associated pain - nothing more.

Reply to Scenar Therapy Practitioner