Posted by: Ansie | 2010-11-22

Scars, pigmentation and breakouts

I need help I am 38 got scars from previous breakouts, still get breakouts and have pimentation marks, what can I use? What will be able to help me, used everything you can think of, I am scared for lazer, please is there a solution out there.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Ansie, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay but I have been in London attending to my clinic.

Your best advice would be to consult a dermatologist or an aesthetic medical practitioner with a special interest in acne, scarring, and pigmentation so that the skin can be examined and the best treatment options discussed.

Generally speaking you should use a good oil free topical SPF (50 or higher) that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide applied several times daily, a gentle acne face wash (NeoStrata Clarifying Facial Cleanser) twice daily, never squeeze or pop the pimples, never use an exfoliant or granular scrub, and to practice sun avoidance. Specific acne treatments may be necessary to help control further outbreaks and reduce the chance of further scarring and pigmentation such as antibiotics, oral contraceptives, or Roaccutane.

Chemical peels such as the NeoStrata Glycolic acid peeling system combined with the Depigmenting Cream and Brightening cream should help the breakouts, pigmentation and even the scarring.

None “laser” based machines such as the Omnilux will improve the acne and have a rejuvenating effect on the scarring and pigmentation.

Posted by: ANATI NENE | 2011-02-01

where can i do plastic surgury and how much does it cost for full body

Posted by: ANATI NENE | 2011-02-01

i have pigmantation on my legs and its been 10 years since i had them what can i do and they are very dark

Posted by: Anon | 2010-11-26

hi Ansie

you should maybe try Celltone .it''s a snail extract gel. I had lots of pimples and scars, but after a couple of weeks, my skin is as smooth as a baby''s skin. it''s about R400 at Glomail, Clicks and Game stores. Good luck.