Posted by: anonymous | 2009-08-03

Scars on back

Hi, Pls help i have acne scars on my back actually its mostly on my shoulders. I have tried tissue oils and creams. I want to do something more as soon it will be summer and i want to wear all the strap and halter tops.
Pls can u advise which will help more skin peels or laser?
Im Indian and have heard that the peel is more advisable but what would u suggest.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Anonymous, thank you for the question.

The treatment choice is dependent on the type of acne scars you have developed. Medium and deep scars (especially if they are ice pick in shape or even pitted) are best treated with laser, while mild acne scarring can respond to TCA peels. The concern is the type of laser as not all ,lasers are indicated for darker skin types due to the possibility of pigmentory changes, scarring, etc.
Syneron’s newest technology the Matrix RF as this is indicated for scar removal, wrinkle removal, skin tightening and lifting, and most importantly is safe in all skin types (with the correct settings). Furthermore, you may consider treating the scars with the Fraxel or the Ultrapulse FX but you would need to consult with a doctor who has extensive experience with these machines and specifically treating darker skinned patients, as this will minimize the chance of side effects and improve the outcome of the results.