Question
Posted by: Demi | 2011/12/01

Scars

Please can you assist
I am an Indian lady, aged 30. During my very early childhood years approx 22 years ago I had gained a burn scar on my leg. This has really affected my self esteem and prevented me all through the years from wearing any attire that exposed my leg. I have seen a dermatologist who had given me a neostrata pigmentation lightening cream, I used it for the last 6 months and not much improvement. Do you perhaphs know of any other products that I could use for this scar. I would gladly appreciate any input on this matter, as it does affect me.
thank you

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Demi, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response.
This is a difficult question to answer over the net as one would ideally like to examine the ‘scar’ before deciding on what the best treatment options are. If you are referring to pigmentation changes then it may be best to use hydroquinone (4%) mixed in with the NeoStrata but you will need to get a prescription (ask the dermi you saw). If the pigmentation is very deep one may have to consider fractional skin resurfacing to reduce the appearance of the dark area. Your best option would be to see the dermatologist again and ask for further possible treatments.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2011/12/10

Reply to anti-ageing expert