Question
Posted by: SM | 2009-02-19

Scars

Hi, I was recently diagnosed with skin cancer and thus a huge amount of flesh was taken out on my rib area. A very good plastic surgeon did it, so there is only a cut of about 10cm visible. I have been applying Bio-Oil twice a day for it. Is this the best I can do or can you recommend something else/more to reduce the scare?
Thanks for taking the time to answer the question.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi SM, thank you for the question and my apologies for the long delay with my answer but I was in Johannesburg training doctors and only arrived in Cape Town last night.

I am glad that all is well with you and that a relatively small scar has only remained.
I would consider adding Dermastine (topically) and sun block/avoidance. Generally speaking scars heal well but may take a year before the full healing effect is seen.