Question
Posted by: Thandi | 2011-11-11

Scaring ppl with my horrific Roaccutane eyes

Pls help - I look like a freak of nature plus am in great discomfort. They are reddish/yellowish and sticky from chronic dryness and I could swear my eyelashes are thinning which means I really look like the Bride of Frankenstein right now. Can you recommend something I can take to lubricate the eyes from the inside, and something I can drop into them to lubricate topically so to speak?

I am also struggling with very dry skin on my whole body and more or less feel like a piece of biltong. What can I apply, a thick layer of Epimax? But in this heat?

On my dry face I have been spraying Tissue Oil and a bit of aloe vera baby oil. Normal moisturisers are doing nothing. Am I going to clog up my pores? Nothing but oil removes that dry feeling though, and my skin has not complained or broken out or anything since I began the oily treatments.

My lips, I am using a very effective very well-priced product, Pure Lip balm. What a stunning product - at a quarter of the price of the ''big guys'' in lip care.

Thanks pls help with above queries esp the issue of my ''roadmap'' eyes. I really am giving ppl reason to whisper in the corridors and skinner about me at the watercooler. They all think I am on coke, one person has been honest enough to ask me if I am.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Thandi

For you eyes I'd suggest using a product called Cellufresh or Celluvisc (which is slightly "thicker" in texture) - Its available from most pharmacies.

If your symptoms continue to be this bad you may have to speak to your dermatologist regarding a dosage adjustment.

All the best!

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011-11-14

Hi Thandi

All the best!

Reply to pharmacist