Posted by: Scared | 2008-11-03

Scaring myself

Hi Cs

Hope you are well! Pls can you shed some light on what' s going on with me and how I can change this around?

The last few weeks things in my life have been going wrong with family and other folks ppl that I love dearly. There has been alot of uglyness and lots of fighting, try as I might I try to fix things and make things better but am failing terribly. I am a single parent and I' m getting attached for this every time I turn around.

I' m getting run down and treated badly and insulted to the extent that I don' t say anything anymore I keep it inside and bottled up, no wants to hear what I have to say or is interested it' s their way or no way. Talking just doesn' t work. It feels like my heart is breaking and being ripped out and stmped on. Needless to say I' m hurting so much inside I don' t know what to do about it.

I have never been the type of person that will inflict self harm onto myself but the feeling to redirect the pain I feel inside is so overwhelming, I have this urge to cut myself and it' s very strong. I have not done it, I get as far as holding the knife in my hand to do it but there is always something that stops me. I don' t want all these cuts on my arms and am always relived that I never did it. My concern is what do I do when I don' t feel that way anymore, this scares me it feels like it' s getting too close.

Thank you for your time

If may not be a good idea to become a single parent without careful thought --- but once this has happened, there's no point whatever in other people criticizing you and being rude to you --- how is that going to ahcnge anything for the better ? Do not give in to the temptation for self-harm, butrather arange to see a cvounsellor, and talk things over with lifeline meantime.