Question
Posted by: Scared | 2008/07/16

Scared to tell hubby

My husband and I been married for 3 years,we have an adorable little boy 2yrs old, and we planned that we would have another child when our boy was around two or three, so I didnt go onto any contraception. That time has now arrived to start trying for anotherlittle one, but we have been having some communication issues in our marriage which has really made me feel uncertain about our marriage and our future. I suggested counselling but he refuses, and communication between the two of us when we had a disagreement is very very difficult, as he withdraws and goes into silent mode. As much as I want another baby and a sibling for my son, and as much as I know he wants another child too, I am terrified that the problems we are having will just get worse if another baby comes into the mix. I am considering going onto a contraceptive but dont know how to tell my husband,yet I feel I need to go onto something because eventhough we are happy now, when we go throuh a bad patch, it's really bad and he has said more than once, in the heat of the moment I guess, that he wants a divorce. Unfortunately the fact that he said the word divorce has made me feel that my future with him is uncertain, so why risk bringing another baby into this world?, I ask myself

Some advice will be much appreciated. Thanks
Please hlp

Do not try to have another child unless and until tjhe marriage problems are fixed. DO get proper contraception so as not to have another child in an unhappy marriage.

3
Posted by: Susie | 2008/07/16

Why don't you just show your hubby what you have posted here. It could be easier than to speak to him about the subject at the moment. Otherwise tell him why you don't want another baby right now. But either way you need to tell him what is bothering you in your marriage before you even think of having another child.

Reply to Susie
Posted by: Sg | 2008/07/16

If you are not absolutely sure about your marriage at this time I would consider not trying for another baby yet.Talk to your husband about your fears as he might feel the same way.
Don't bring another child into this world that will not have a full time Dad.Rather solve the issues first

Reply to Sg

Go ahead and use a contraceptive and tell him the reason why you are doing it!! Be honest and let him know how you feel.