Question
Posted by: Ns | 2010-08-24

scared to have a child

I am 32 years old, i just got married in June 2010, i have no children and want to start cause i am afraid i am getting old and seeing as i want two children i need to start right away. I am just afraid that if i leave it to have a child later i would be too old, do i have cause to be afraid or is my age still okay. How do i prepare myself mentally for a child, in that respect im very scared and dont feel ready.

Dear Ns

It is well documented that age the single most important predictor of fertility prognosis and in particular becomes a problem after the age of 35. Therefore I would say that at this stage there is no urgency as yet but certainly beyond the age of 35, fertility would be expected to decline. In the interim a routine visit to your gynaecologist to assess your ovarian reserves may be recommended.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010-08-27

Dear Ns

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert