Posted by: Crystal | 2009-07-30

Scared to have a baby

I had a miscarriage two and a half months ago. I also have a transverse uterus. I was fairly traumatised by the experience and am now terrified to even try for a second pregnancy. I am concerned that because it happened once it might happen a second time. my husband wants to have a baby and so do i but my fear is getting in the way. The gynea has put me on a course of Nordette to stabilise my periods and hormones and i have been told to take folic acid and zinc. Please help me. I need to know if there could be a second miscarriage due to my uterus being transverse.

Dear Crystal

I am not aware of the term transverse uterus and I would suggest that you to ask your gynaecologist to be more precise in the terms of the terminology. There are several uterine positional anomalies as well as several uterine structural anomalies and these have very specific medical terms, which I require in order to be of assistance.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim