Question
Posted by: Brenda | 2010/05/27

scared of not having kids

Hi DR

i dont see my periods unless i use a pill and had unprotected sex with my partner but i dont fall pregnant. we been trying since December 2009 till today and no pregnancy. I consulted but the Gyno said he doesnt see anything wrong with me. i have stopped using a pill now because im tired of it,please help

Dear Brenda

You haven’t particularly been trying for a long time, as the definition of infertility is the inability to conceive after 1 year of regular intercourse. However in your particular case the fact that you don’t see any period is of concern. I think it is important for you to see your gynaecologist so that he can investigate as to why you are not seeing your menstruation.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

4
Posted by: Brenda | 2010/06/04

Thank you for the response Dr..Is there any other Gynaecologist you may know of around Midrand or Pretoria. The one i visited in Pretoria already knows i dont see my periods and never suggested anything but just told me there aint nothing wrong with me and i should just wait.please help

Reply to Brenda
Posted by: Brenda | 2010/05/27

i only used the pill for 3mnths as the DR said i must take the pill first as i have hormonal imballances,never used a pill before nor any contraceptives. i really am scared now

Reply to Brenda
Posted by: A | 2010/05/27

Hi Brenda. Sometimes you can fall pregnant soon after stopping the pill. It depends how long you''ve been on it. At other times it takes a while for your hormones etc. to normalise after stopping the pill. All the best.

Reply to A
Posted by: Brenda | 2010/05/27

i sttopped a pill 2 months back

Reply to Brenda