Scared of my husband

I' m worried about my husband. We are happy, have a 3-year old son, married for 6yrs and love each other dearly. Problem is, whenever he tries to stop smoking weed (which doesn' t really bother me, it' s something he wants to do for himself) after about the 2 / 3 day he gets very angry and depressed. The other day he went so far as so closing me in our bedroom, because i wouldn' t ' apologise'  for something - i can' t even remember what it was, it was so small and stupid. He was never / didn' t get physical or violent with me or my son, ever! But he wouldn' t let me out the bedroom and when i did come out he pushed me back in... i felt embarrased and like i was being treated like a child.
These incidents don' t happen often but sometimes he' ll shout at me infront of my friends / family and i really feel embarrased. I know he' s got a lot on his plate (ie. work and trying to provide for his family) but i can' t help thinking there' s something not right with him. He will just snap over small, simple little issues.
Is there a way i could help him? I don' t ever want to lose / divorce him. We are really in love and it would kill both of us.
He is 33yrs old and i am 25.
Can you please advise me?
Thank you!!

Why doesn't he see a rehab team or even better, a shrink, for assessment and help to come off the weed and to stay off it, without this excessive irritability ? He doesn't have to do it alone ! And the right expert could help him to find better ways to derive whatever it is he may b seeking from the weedd, without it

Anybody going through detox and trying to quit an addiction will experience mood swings, of course weed has interferred with his emotions. Mine use to smoke white pipe i think they call it, he quit on his own (extremely proud) also no violence but has a temper, I check him on the temper tantrums, he has been clean for more than 6 years and smoke that stuff for more than 20years.
Your husband sounds like a more serious case though, but by the sounds of it he wants to stop, but he needs that extra porfessional help where quitting coupled with some emotional and psychological therapy would be extremely helpful in his quest to give up.
I thinks its time you sit with him and discuss either rehab or he sees a shrink on the side.

Good luck, trying everything before you make drastic decisions to give up on the marriage, just be positive that these indiscretions wont lead to something more serious that would threaten you and your sons health and safety.

I know how you feel - the only difference is your husband smokes weed, mine is addicted to pornography! If they loved us to much, they would not do the things they do!

Posted by: XXXX | 2009-06-11

If someone truly loves another he/she would not behave like this.He needs serious help from a professional.Get him there fast before it gets worse.

Reply to XXXX

If you two are so inlove, why on earth is your husband acting irresponsible and smoking weed, which is obviously altering his personality, whats worse is your condoning this, it would have been okay perhaps if you didnt have a child, but with a child around, it might one day turn on the child. i think you are making excuses for his behaviour and you should ask him to either stop smoking or if thats not an option he would consider, he must do it without any drama, and somewhere away from you and your child, you are tolerating his behaviour, thats why he is doing it