Question
Posted by: ayanda | 2011/12/27

scared of going mad

I doc.im very worried.i am a 24 year old varsity student.i dont have a social life.by that i mean i only attend classes go back to my flat nd study or sleep.i hardly make an effort to make friends on campus either or go to church or attend any social activities.i am not depressed or stress about the situation.when i do feel lonely i spend tym on the internet nd eventually watch porn nd masturbate.this is what i am not proud of doing.
My main concern is whether this kind of lifestyle can be dangerous for my mental health.basicaly i just want to know if can eventually go mad if i continue living this way?

Firstly, all experts were promised by the Forum manager, that ALL forums would be closed from December 23rd to January 4th, and I am appalled to discover that they have sloppilly been left open, which will mean that many questions, perhaps urgent ones, will go unanswered.
Masturbation has never yet made anyone go mad. On the contrary, lack of such safe sexual outlet may be bad for some people. There is no reason to feel proud o ashamaed of masturbating - it is almost universal and normal behaviour.
Some counselling might be a good idea to enhance your social skills so you can add more enjoyable friendships and other human activities to your repertoire

1