Question
Posted by: create | 2009/09/11

Scared of being independent

I can' t go to a therapist or anyone. I' ve got a problem being independent. I' m 24 and still on my dads medical aid. I don' t want them to know there is something wrong with me because my sister brings enough trouble to their lives.
I do need help. I' m terrified of becoming independent. I don' t want to leave the house. I don' t want to wake up. My job is a joke. I don' t want to drive a car. I have no friends. I' m afraid of failing and being rejected. I can' t see a reason to live.
I have got problems with my mother, I don' t want to become her, I' m afraid that I will turn into her and that is why I never want to have children -I will spare them a live like mine. But I can' t leave the house because I don' t earn enough. I see no future.

Are you scared to be independent enough to go to a therapist or counsellor for yourself ? Its a problem you have but not "something wrong with you", and they probably are already aware of it, and would be pleased to see you take the initiative to work on it. Independence would give you freedom to choose, rather than forcing particular choices on you. Youmay feel scared of tring something and PERHAPS failing at it the first time --- but by not trying at all, you guarantee failure every time.
Zexeon's comments are wise and helpful, and worth re-reading. Life needn't be as miserable as you are insiting on making it

5
Posted by: e | 2009/09/14

at least if you wont become a burden to anyone and youll feel stronger

Reply to e
Posted by: create | 2009/09/12

I have no friends.
So you would live for short moments of joy but for most part your live has been and is painful?

Reply to create
Posted by: D | 2009/09/12

Hey, why don' t a friend of yours (a close one) and yourself get a flat together? It helps with sharing the rent, and there is someone around for the company. That way the two of you can go out together and maybe meet someone.

Reply to D
Posted by: D | 2009/09/12

Reply to D
Posted by: Zexeon | 2009/09/12

Maybe a good therapist may be helpful ...you don' t have to become like your mother as you could be the person you want to be and do anything you set your mind to and if you fail at least you learned a lesson you could use next time around. Perhaps if you take all your father' s and all your mother' s good qualities and keep adding some more good ones you' ve learned and learning from people you admire then you would have a perfect you ... and if you can' t see something its not to say its not there as God has a plan with every one of our lives you would just have to set yourself some realistic goals and work in achieving them and enjoy every moment in living as you only get one life on earth according to my choice of belief. Wish you the best and God bless.

Reply to Zexeon