Question
Posted by: annie | 2012/06/05

scared of a re-infection what should i do?

after having sex with my boyfriend,i developed pain in my lower abdomen and was diagnosed of having a UTI with klebseilla. Got treated with sreptomycin and ciprofloxacin,i feel a whole lot better now but i''m scared of getting re-infected what should i do.

UTI s after sex are usually related to the friction of sex irritating the bladder. Try emptying your bladder before and after sex and use KY jelly.

3

Posted by: DTBM | 2012/06/06

UTI are caused by bacteria. It depends on what the bacteria was. There are many antibiotics that can treat it.

You should was with a glycerine soap instead of the normal creamy soaps, avoid bubble baths/bath oils etc and make sure you drink plenty of water to flush your kidneys.

Reply to DTBM
Posted by: Patricia | 2012/06/06

The only way to prevent infection or re-infection is to use a condom Annie.

Reply to Patricia