Question
Posted by: anon | 2011-12-27

scared

I took a pregnancy test about a month ago and it was negative. But i''m so scared about being pregnant that I think the test was wrong. But I don''t have any symptoms and I have been regular every month except the first month when all this started because I stopped using the pill and my hormones was a bit screwed up, or that''s what I think. It''s making me depressed and the stress of this makes my hernia worse.

Can you give me advice about how I can deal with this and get the pregnancy thought out of my head?

Firstly, all experts were promised by the Forum manager, that ALL forums would be closed from December 23rd to January 4th, and I am appalled to discover that they have sloppilly been left open, which will mean that many questions, perhaps urgent ones, will go unanswered.
This is not really a pschiatric question. Its never wise, if you are sexually active, to apruiptly stop your pill without discussing this with your doctor and using an alternative contraceptive method, or stopping sexual activity until a better solution is found.
Its not my field of expertise, but I think your periods could be a bit unpredictable for a while after stopping the pill. Presumably you have remained sexually active and you're not using other methods, ( or you couldn't possibly be pregnanct and would have no reason to be worried about it ). If you remain worried, see your GP or a family planning clinic for advice on more certain testing and alternative methods

2
Posted by: Maria | 2011-12-27

Go for a blood test, it''s accurate and will help you to be sure that you''re not pregnant. You seem to be very stressed about the fact that you are not on the pill any more, if you are still sexually active, did you replace it with other methods of contraception? Sorry I know that sounds like a stupid question but it''s amazing what people do, or don''t do, sometimes!

Reply to Maria