Question
Posted by: LIlo | 2011/05/16

Scared

My hubby on friday when i got home i found him finishing preparing supper and said he was going to have a beer and play pool. When he came home he found that we finished the peas that he prepared but found others.

He was so angry, he started insulting me and i was just quite suprised as to why he is making it an issue cause they can be cooked again. I know i was incosiderate for finishing them but his action was way out.

He ended up assaulting me in front of the kids and instructed me to give my 1 year 4 months daughter to our helper to go with him where we could talk. i refused fearing that he is going to hurt me, he pulled and tore my vest and bra. Then i went, but while in the car shouting, he started beating me and i opened the door and get out while he was driving.

I am hurt now - I have a wound on my leg &  elbow. He said i did a stupid thing by getting out of the car while moving.

I am really scared and confused, and i actually hate him when i remember that night - the anger in his face the hatred. I just want to pack &  leave.

Did he think he was making supper only for himself ? And if he was, why then go out for a beer before eating the supper he'd made for himself ? What a stupid thing for him to argue about. If he then assaulted you physically, that is totally unacceptable. And to do so in front of the kids is even worse. He must have had a lot more than "a beer".
I think you should report this as an assault to the police and open a case against him for assault.And consider asking the court for a restraining order against him. Get the wounds, bruises, etc., photographed and witnessed.
COnsider leaving, thouh if the house belongs to both of you, the restraining order from the local magistrate could order HIM to leave, and you could get the locks changed to help you to be safer. Do you have some family who could come and stay with you ? And maybe if he wants to speak about this, they could mediate between you, rather than exposing you to more risk.
It sounds odd if this is the only time he has been violent towards you - and all about a dish of peas ?

2
Posted by: Woman | 2011/05/16

No, no, no. This is not a man at all. A man doesn''t behave this way. It is unacceptable! Call POWA, and plan your leaving. If you are worried about your safety or that of your children, you should leave as soon as possible! Do you have family you can trust with this?

Reply to Woman