Question
Posted by: annie | 2010/09/21

scared

Hi doc Bets
You really scared me when u told me i may have polycystic ovarian syndrome.i want to ask some more questions.i am very afraid u told me i cant be healed.then what is going to happen? i have to stay with hair on my body? and i will not have children? but that is terrible. its like telling someone ur life is over.i read the article u sent.i have some of the symptoms.i am scared.i dont know what to do.no treatment.omg.why.

Hallo Annie
I think before you panic about this, you should get a proper diagnosis. Remember that I can only give possibilities with the information you provide and a proper examination is always necessary.
People with PCOS can be treated very effectively and may battle more than others to fall pregnant but they definitely can have children. The treatment is something that you may have to take longterm but so there are plenty of other medical problems that also need long term treatment and can't be "healed" like high blood pressure, diabetes and allergies. I suggest you try to get a referral to a gynecologist at an academic/university hospital near you as ideally you need to have a sonar of the ovaries to confirm or exclude PCOS. Where do you live?

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/09/21

Hallo Annie