Question
Posted by: kdinky | 2010-01-12

scared..

Dear cybershrink and readers

I am a secretary at a big company, and enjoy what I do very much. The problem is I seem to fade somedays, think twice before putting a call throught to the boss or hesitate about asking someone something that in my mind would be a stupid question. Sometimes it just feels if I am scared of the world. I wanna be al that I can be and want to be the best secretary this company has but this is keeping me back... Please any advice or tips on making my self esteem better and fixing this problem would be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards and have a blessed day!

Hi kd,
Sounds like a variety of social anxiety disorder, but an assessment with a good local shrink wouldm confirm whether this is so. If so, such problems are very well dealt with by CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) in most cases, and sometimes with medication otherwise used for depression too. Tranquillizers are usually not a good idea. The CBT is especially good at dealing with self-esteem problems

2
Posted by: ............... | 2010-01-13

My dear, I am a PA for 5 years now, and I still get that fear of putting a call through. Just go to motivational courses and communication courses as well. That will help, don' t be scared to ask, I still ask my boss what he told me, but not all the time, at times it depends with the kind of the manager you get. You will needs to understands them better. Good luck.

Reply to ...............

Hi kd,