Question
Posted by: E | 2008/09/04

Scared

Hi dok,
Please I need advice. 16yrs ago I when I got devorced, I was heavy depressed. Was on Prozac, try to kill my self 3 times landed in hospital. Had shock terapy before I was ok again. Met a man fell in love (my childred were very small 5 and 8 yrs old) we got married. We have been having problems in our marriage I begged him we must try and sort out our problems he always said I am looking for a fight. Somethimes he even hit me. He has left me now. I know he is having sex and what not with some one. We are still married. He didn' t say anything about getting devorced. (he is also an alcoholic) My problem, I am heavy stressed, I am so affraid that I will get depressed again like before and try to kill myself again. Please I need advice I can' t sleep at night I cant eat, I have lost a lot of wight. What can I do not to fall into that black put again. I cant leave him and go on my own, because of financial reasons. Please help me I feel so lost and moedeloos. I can' t stop crying.

Thanx for your time

He is an abuser, and if promoscuous, risking your life through AIDS. ANd if he refuses to acknowledge that counselling is needed or to seek help, there's really little hope for this situation to improve. And as an alcoholic, he;'s an expert at denbying the reality of his problems. You are surely better off without him. See someone, at least a GO, preferably a local psychiatrist, for a proper assessment and a discussion of treatment options. Sounds like you are already depressed again, and need to resume proper treatment for this. And in counselling you can explore your options --- there must be a way for you to get a divorce, if that seems wise, and for a court to order him to pay appropriate maintenance for you and the children. And realize that the fact that he is with anyone else is not your fault nor any reflection on you --- its entirely his fault and about him, not you.

3
Posted by: Ja | 2008/09/05

Prozac was the cause? - in my case it was!!!

Reply to Ja
Posted by: EL | 2008/09/05

My husband just left me after only 3 months of marriage. I thought about killing myself, but I realized that it' s not worth it! Happiness will come again in the future, and I' m not going to give up my future " could be"  happiness! Hold on, things will get better! Maybe God wants your attention. I think God wanted my attention. God is so powerful and able to do anything possible and impossible! Trust in Him and walk with Him and concentrate on Him! Good luck!

Reply to EL
Posted by: E | 2008/09/04

Sorry dock I am 43yrs old and we have been married for 15yrs. I just hurt so much to know that he is some one else. I don' t know how to cope any morre ! ! !

Reply to E