Posted by: LANDY | 2009-01-23

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Landy, thank you for the question.

Generally speaking, scars can be treated, but the treatment choice is dependent on the type of scar, if the scar is raised or not, the depth of the scar, whether the scar is tethered to the underlying skin or not, the shape of the scar, and the cause of the scar (trauma, surgery, infection, etc). Please submit a new question describing these points specifically with your scar and we can go from there.

Posted by: DR Alek Nikolic | 2009-01-30

Hi Nikki
This is a difficult question to answer over the net, as one would need to examine the scars before deciding on the appropriate treatment options and what one can expect in the form of results.

Reply to DR Alek Nikolic
Posted by: Nikki | 2009-01-27

I am glad to read about scars because i' ve got one in my face for more than 10 years and used tissue oil for the scars. It is lighter than before but someone can see it from nearby. Can you help me maybe? I was in an accident and the glass cut me in my face

Reply to Nikki