Posted by: Daisy | 2009-07-08

Scar tissue after surgery and vehicle accident

About four weeks ago I had surgery to remove an abses from my abdomen. The cut is about 25cm long, as there were more to removed than what was expected. I had some complications after surgery. 1. A blot clot in my lungs. 2. A Hematoma developed.
One week after I left the hospital I was in a head-on collision. The airbag hit me very hard against my chest and especially my left breast. A biggish and long lump has now formed and it is very painfull - what can I do regarding this?
Then also during the accident about 5cm of the cut tore open as a result of the impact. In hospital they used steri strips to close it up again and I still have this on the wound. This 5cm piece and the surrounding area (I would guess about 5cm X 5cm) is now rock hard and painfull. Should I worry about this? I will only see the surgeon in a week' s time, but someone suggested that I go earlier. I do not want to panick if this is something that is likely to happen after vehicle accidents. The accident happened 11 days ago.

Dear Daisy
No please see your doctor as soon as possible - it sounds to me as if you have infection in the wound and maybe now also developed a hematoma in the breast