Question
Posted by: Lienkie | 2011/09/12

Scar Tissue

HI

About 6 years ago I donated one of my kidneys to my sister. They had to partially cut off 2 of my ribs. I''ve started yoga about 5 weeks ago. I''ve struggled with lower back pain since the op. But the yoga is very painful, but I enjoy it very much (not the pain). The Instructor suggested it can be scar tissue making my back so stiff and causing the pain when trying to arch my back. Is there anything I can do about this?

Your advice will be much appreciated!!!

Lienkie

I suggest that you consult an orthopaedic surgeon for an examination and x-rays of your back.