Question
Posted by: Jo | 2011/01/17

scar science

Have you ever heard of this product and what is your thoughtS about this? I see that it contains sillicon and have heard that his can cause severe side effects for people, for instance long use makes peoples hair falll out. What will the efect be of using this on my skin. Thanks

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Jo, thank you for the question.

The silicone used in topicals (and a large number of topicals have silicone in it) is purely for an emollient like effect and for the soft feel it provides on the skin. The quantities used are so small that I cannot believe that it will produce the side effects you have mentioned above however anything is possible and if you do not feel comfortable using it then rather consider a vitamin E cream. Furthermore long term use is considered to be over a number of years rather than a few months or as long as it takes for the scar to heal.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2011/01/24

Hi Jo, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert