Question
Posted by: Dee | 2010/07/03

Scar removal

I had a growth on my thyroid and had to have surgery to remove it as well as most of the thyroid. I now have a very thick scar in front at the base of my neck - I do tend to keloid. si it is very visible to all and I would like to get it treated. Should I go to a plastic surgeon or a skin specialist? I have tried all the expensive creams and oils, but there has been no change. It has been over a year now. Can you help?

Dee

You can consult your GP for injections of small amounts of deprisone into the keloid mass. This will reduce scarring but if you are not satisfied, you can consult a plastic surgeon to remove the scar tissue.