Question
Posted by: Mpho | 2010/03/15

Scant Cervical Mucus

My boyfriend and I have been trying to conceive for the past 8 months. I have PCOS and am on my first cycle of fertomid. I have noticed that I don''t have much cervical mucus. Can I still fall pregnant with scant CM?

Dear Mpho

One of the side effects/drawbacks of Clomid might be reduced cervical mucus as the anti-estrogenic effect of the Clomid may be stronger than the actual circulating estrogen levels. In rare situations this may effect sperm penetration and therefore an intrauterine insemination may well be recommended. In order to test this a post coital test can be done by your gynaecologist or fertility specialist.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/03/19

Dear Mpho

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert