Question
Posted by: anxious | 2009/12/01

SCAN

I went to my urologist this am WITH a full bladder (which is not easy let me tell you!) He did the scan, then I emptied it, then he did another one and said it was absolutely fine! He couldn' t say whether it was the antibiotic or Macrodantin that maybe fixed anything but was quite happy - dont need any further meds (very happy!).

Then I went to my eye specialist (I figured I might as well seeing they are both in Rosebank - 1 block from each other! - I was due to go anyway) When I went in June he said I had a capsule opacity in my right eye and if it got worse he would have to do laser treatment on it. Well this am he said its much worse. I had that normal letter eye test (right eye only) (you know the one when you have to read the letter chart!) - I couldn' t read ONE LETTER on the first row! My left eye was absolutely perfect. So now I have to have a YAG laser capsulotomy sometime early Jan! It only takes 5-15 mins but my pressures still seem to be ok. Have to use drops 3-4wks after treatment and go back after 1wk - is this for prevention of infection?

At least my urologist is happy!

Hi Anxious
Yes they give cortisone drops and antibiotic drops to prevent scarring of the eye. I'm glad there are no big problems with the bladder!

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/12/01

Hi Anxious

Reply to cyberdoc