Posted by: Petal | 2009-07-21

Scaly build up on hairline?

Over the past couple of months I have an almost form of ?ecsema on my forehead. It begins at the start of my hairline on my head and travels a little way onto my scalp from ear to ear. It does' nt worry me at all, just that it feels scaly and thick. iIt' s like a build up of skin cells? The other thing that I am noticing is that my hair is thining a lot, especially where the " rash"  is thicker. I have tried to use a cortisone based cream which works for a while but then it comes back and when it does, it feels thicker/rougher than before. What could this be and how should I treat it?

Hi Petal
It is called seborrhoeic eczema
Try anti dandruff shampoo ( Niz shampoo best but very expensive) and Betnovate scalp application